At Share Our Selves, we have a wonderful corps of volunteers, who generously give their time to serve our community. They are a warm welcome at our front desk, caring hands making food bags, and compassionate in their service to others. Volunteers are an integral part of our service delivery since 1970. Because of the dedication and commitment of our volunteers, we are able to provide high quality programs and services.
We welcome you to join our team – you can make a difference! To learn more, attend our volunteer information session via Zoom.
SOS Volunteer Information Session
The 15th of every month, 3:00pm-3:45pm
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
16 years with an adult
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
ALL volunteers must be fully vaccinated and boosted as a requirement to volunteer. COVID-19 (fully vaccinated) policy. We require verification of the COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Agencies and schools will be required to provide either an attestation form signed that the persons coming has met the SOS Guidelines for immunization which will include the COVID-19 vaccination OR provide copies of necessary vaccination records.
- Per the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Public Health Officer Order of August 5th, 2021 COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated is a person who has documentation of:
- Received 2 doses of 2 dose series (Pfizer or Moderna) and 14 days has passed since last does administered OR
- Received 1 does of 1 does series (J&J/Janssen) and 14 days has passed since does administered.
COVID-19 MITIGATION PROTOCOLS:
- Volunteers must follow SOS COVID-19 health and safety procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 that includes but not limited to mandatory mask wearing.
SOCIAL SERVICES VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Food Pantry
- Sorting, assembling, and packing food bags
- Stocking and organizing food pantry
- Donation Organizer
- Sorting, labeling, and organizing donated clothing
- Sorting and organizing toiletry and household items
- Administrative Support
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaker
- Telephone follow-ups
SEASONAL EVENTS and VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – PLEASE NOTE OPPORTUNITIES ARE LIMITED DUE TO COVID-19
|Event||Opportunities||When to Call|
|Wild and Crazy Taco Night – April||Various event duties||March|
|Back to School Program – August||Sort school supplies, pack, and distribute backpacks||July|
|Adopt A Family – December||OC Fair and Event Center wrap and receive gifts||September/October|