Help keep our health care organizations running by taking care of yourself. COVID-19 testing will not change your treatment unless you need to be hospitalized. You already know what to do!
- If you have a mild fever or cold symptoms, stay home until you are symptom free for 3 days.
- Call SOS if…
- your symptoms are getting worse
- you need help deciding whether or not you need to go to the hospital.
- We will schedule you for either an in-person visit or a telephonic visit (new option!).
- Reschedule preventative care services for after the COVID-19 pandemic. Go to the ER only if you cannot eat, poop, walk, talk, or breathe.
Some of our services at SOS have shifted to ensure the health and safety of our patients.
So what can you expect?
- Case Management is still taking appointments by phone.
- While our social services lobby is closed, our Food Pantry remains open with the same hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
Please contact us to make/reschedule appointments or if you have any questions at all : 949-270-2100. We are here to serve the community throughout this critical time and remain dedicated to our mission to providing care and assistance to all those in need.
A new mural at the SOS Costa Mesa location lets our community know how we truly feel about them: You Are Loved.
The beautiful new artwork was commissioned by SOS supporter Lori Warmington. SOS CEO Karen McGlinn said, “My hope is that everyone who sees this lovely message knows they are cared for and valued, regardless of their circumstances. We are so grateful to Lori for giving this wonderful gift to us and everyone we care for.”
Artist Alex Cook has created more than 150 You Are Loved murals around the country, hoping to spark positive conversations about worth, value and well-being. “You exist, therefore you are valuable,” he said. He was excited to spread his message to SOS. You can learn more about these murals at youarelovedmurals.com.
Check out the mural the next time you drop off food, toiletry items, diapers, or a monetary donation to SOS!