Help keep our health care organizations running by taking care of yourself. COVID-19 testing will not change your treatment unless you need to be hospitalized. You already know what to do!
- If you have a mild fever or cold symptoms, stay home until you are symptom free for 3 days.
- Call SOS if…
- your symptoms are getting worse
- you need help deciding whether or not you need to go to the hospital.
- We will schedule you for either an in-person visit or a telephonic visit (new option!).
- Go to the ER only if you cannot eat, poop, walk, talk, or breathe.
Some of our services at SOS have shifted to ensure the health and safety of our patients.
So what can you expect?
- Case Management is still taking appointments by phone.
- While our social services lobby is closed, our Food Pantry remains open with the same hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
Please contact us to make/reschedule appointments or if you have any questions at all : 949-270-2100. We are here to serve the community throughout this critical time and remain dedicated to our mission to providing care and assistance to all those in need.
How to protect yourself & others
Four Important Ways to Slow the Spread
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine and booster shot. Vaccines are safe, effective, and free.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Stay at least 6 feet (2 arm lengths) from others. Keeping distance from others is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated places. Avoid indoor spaces that do not offer fresh air from the outdoors as much as possible.
Welcome to Our 28th Annual Back-to-School Program!
Our Back-to-School Program has been a cornerstone of our community for 28 years, empowering students to start the academic year with enthusiasm and confidence.
Registration Update: Program at Full Capacity
We’re excited to announce that our program is now at full capacity, and unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept new registrations. While we wish we could accommodate everyone, the limited spots available have been filled.
For those who are registered please read below for important information and reminders.
Drive-Thru Backpack Pickup Information
We’re thrilled to offer a convenient and safe Drive-Thru Backpack Pickup for our Back-to-School Program! Here’s all the information you need to know:
- Stay in Your Vehicle: Drive into the pickup area and remain in your vehicle throughout the process.
- Check-In: Our volunteers will greet you and ask for your registration details. Please have your registration confirmation handy for a smoother experience.
- Receive Backpacks: Once verified, our team will hand you the backpacks filled with essential school supplies for your registered students.
- Wave and Go: After receiving your backpacks, you’re all set! Feel free to give our volunteers a friendly wave of thanks as you drive off.
- Each registered household will receive up to 3 backpacks
- One registration per household
If you have any questions or need further information email email@example.com or call us at
(949) 270-2100. Click here to download the flyer.
Costa Mesa, CA — Did you know that the SOS Adopt A Family program has been taking place every December since just before Share Our Selves began? Continuing with this amazing local tradition of care during an added time of need, Adopt a Family was able to celebrate a successful 50th anniversary with the help of thousands from the community.Read More