SOS Welcomes Everyone, Regardless of Your Ability to Pay
Share Our Selves Coverage Programs
Share Our Selves Community Health Center provides personalized care for the Orange County community. SOS offers, medical, dental, and behavioral health services for patients of all ages.
To access services at SOS, please view the list of insurances we accept below. Everyone is welcome at SOS, even if you are uninsured or cannot afford to pay. To access our free enrollment assistance, schedule an appointment by contacting us at 949.270.2131 or email@example.com.
Insurance CoverageSOS is currently able to provide care for individuals who are covered by:
- Medi–Cal (Cal Optima)
- MSI (Medical Services Initiative)
- Blue Shield PPO
- Family PACT (Planning Access Care Treatment)
- CDP (Cancer Detection Program)
- CHDP (Child Health and Disability Prevention Program)
- Paying Patients (Individuals who are able to participate in a sliding fee scale program)
If you do not have insurance, please bring the following documents to determine if you qualify for services at SOS and for any state programs, no-cost or low-cost health care programs or insurance carriers:
- Valid Photo ID
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Proof of Orange County Residency: a utility bill with your name on it, a California identification card, or a California Driver’s License to show you live in Orange County
- Income Verification (last 2 pay stubs): a salary paystub, an unemployment check, an award letter from Social Security, or an income tax return
- Most Recent Income Tax Return or W-2 Form
- Statements and/or Trust Account Documents
- Social Security Card(s) or Naturalization Card(s)
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you are still encouraged to bring in proof of income and address verification as you may be eligible for a variety of other no-cost or low-cost health care programs.
These documents are used solely for determining your eligibility for health care programs and will NOT be submitted to the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) or Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
If you already have health care coverage, please bring the following documents with you to your appointment:
- Valid Photo ID
- Copy of your insurance membership card
- Proof of Orange County Residency
The Affordable Care Act and YOU
Starting January 1, 2014, Californians must have health care coverage. The Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, makes it affordable for you and your family to get covered. Share Our Selves is a Certified Enrollment Center and can provide you free enrollment assistance at 949.270.2131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medi-Cal is a free health insurance program for those who meet the requirements. Starting in 2014, Medi-Cal will cover more people under age 65, including people with disabilities and those with an income of less than $15,860 a year for a single individual and $32,500 for a family of four.
If you or your family do not qualify for Medi-Cal, Covered California is a new, easy-to-use marketplace where you may get financial assistance to make coverage more affordable. You can compare plans and choose health coverage that best fits your needs and budget.
Download these documents for more information:
- Changes coming to health care in 2014: English/Spanish
- Getting yourself and your family covered: English/Spanish
- Getting financial help: English
Enrollment questions? If you prefer to speak with a Share Our Selves Certified Enrollment Counselor, contact us at 949.270.2131 or email@example.com.
Get the Facts
- Watch these informative videos to learn more about the new health insurance marketplace.
- Learn more about Covered California through these fact sheets, available in multiple languages. (English, Arabic, Armenian, Chinese, Farsi, Hmong, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Free Enrollment Help
Getting health coverage just got easier. Contact a Share Our Selves Certified Enrollment Counselor to find out your eligibility for Medi-Cal or Covered California.
When you are ready to enroll, have the following:
- Number of people being enrolled (whole or partial family), including the birth date of each person
- Social security number(s) for each family member
- Home ZIP code
- Most recent income tax filings, including dependent tax information and head of household status (if any)
- Legal immigration information, such as your immigration number
- Information about your status as a member of federally recognized tribe
Contact our eligibility specialists at 949.270.2131 Monday — Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting January 1, 2014, Californians must have health care coverage. The Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, makes it affordable for you and your family to get covered.