A Patient-Centered Approach to Improving Health
Access to affordable medications is vital for patients to optimize their health in the face of urgent and chronic illnesses. The SOS pharmacy services currently provide free medications for clinic patients who cannot afford to purchase medications. Additionally, the SOS Cares Program program provides costly medications that would otherwise be financially inaccessible to the clinic and to our patients.
Our Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program is a one-on-one solution-based appointment with the pharmacist that assists patients with their medication management, improves their understanding of medication use, identifies and resolves barriers to proper medication use, and reduces adverse drug events.
Integrated Medication Management is the hallmark of Share Our Selves’ Pharmacy Services. We are nationally recognized for implementing innovative and patient-centered programs that promote the appropriate selection and utilization of medications.
SOS is proud to be a teaching site for five schools of pharmacy: USC School of Pharmacy, Chapman University School of Pharmacy, Western University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy, Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy, and California Health Sciences University College of Pharmacy. We also conduct a highly regarded residency program. Many of our students come back to SOS for rotation in ambulatory care. We strive to instill a connection to community medicine in these students so that they continue to work with the populations that are most in need of care.
All services are personalized to promote wellness, to ensure safe medication use, and to improve the health outcomes in the patients we serve.
- health education
- nutrition (non WIC)
- harm/risk reduction (nicotine gum/patches and education counseling)
- preventive care programs
- patient counseling and drug information services
- Patient Assistance Program application, medication dispensing and prescription management
- medication reconciliation services
- disease state management
- onsite dispensary with 340B access
- direct access to a pharmacist
Recent Media Coverage
- December 8, 2014 – Pain Reduction and Financial Incentives to Improve Glucose Monitoring Adherence in a Community Health Center (PLOSOne)
- December 9, 2013 – Share Our Selves pharmacists help patients unravel complex medication regimens (American Pharmacists Association)
- Blue Shield California Foundation Microdocumentary
- Active participant in national health care collaboratives
- 2012-2013 Exceptional Team Award by HRSA Patient Safety and Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative
- 2013 Certified Gold Recognition for IMM Services by HRSA Patient Safety and Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative
- 2012 HRSA Patient Safety and Clinical Pharmacy Services Award; Integrated Medication Management Impact Award
- 2011 Institute for Health Care Advancement (IHA); Health Literacy Award
- 2010 American Pharmacist Association (APhA); Community Outreach Immunization Award
- 2010 HRSA Patient Safety and Clinical Pharmacy; Health Outcome Management Award and Improved Clinical Pharmacy Services Award